Communication Video: https://youtu.be/2riDT9AltIg
GOOD EVENING WCUSD#15 Parents and Families,
I want to give you an update and communicate a change to the WCUSD#15 Return To School Plan.
We all agree in-person learning as much as possible is the best option for our students. The BOE, administrators, teachers and staff understand your concerns. We are compassionate of the challenges we all are facing to today’s society. At this time, we needed to modify our Return To School plans based on the following information and data.
• The current COVID-19 status of Sangamon County is not good, and the trend data does not look positive for the future.
• A concern for the information provided by Sangamon County Department of Public Health and area physicians for lack of pediatric testing and their inability to support local school districts.
• Having a 50% capacity allows for improved social distancing, scheduling, and transportation.
• Changing our model should provide a safer environment for all students and staff.
WCUSD#15 Return To School 2020-2021 (Summary of major points)
• Return to School Hybrid Remote Learning at approximately 50% Capacity - Hybrid Schedule: Students will receive 5-days of instruction. Students will attend two days per week in-person with early dismissal and three days remote learning. (AA/BB with one day remote learning for all.) Students will be divided into two groups with a split schedule. We will keep families assigned together. Daily early dismissals are needed for additional building cleaning and teacher Remote Learning Planning. Within the next few days, Building Administrators will communicate the AA/BB student groups for assigned in-person attendance days.
• ISBE, IDPH, and Sangamon County Department of Public Health Guidelines and Mandates will be followed.
• In-person instruction students will have 5-days of instruction. 2-days in-person and 3-days remote learning.
• Parents will still have the opportunity to choose FULL REMOTE LEARNING ONLY with a commitment through December 18.
• This Hybrid 50% plan will be evaluated weekly through October 2, 2020.
• Sangamon County Department of Public Health COVID-19 exposure, contact, and tracing guidelines will be followed.
• Parents and families need to be prepared to go Full Remote Learning at any time.
This is a fluid situation and we may receive additional guidance, recommendations, or directives between now and August 17. We will continue to be committed to listening and responding to your needs. Over the next several weeks, building administrators will be communicating additional information. A detailed outline of the Return To School Plans and Frequently Asked Question (FAQ) documents will be emailed to parents and posted on the WCUSD#15 website. We are partners with parents and families. Your patience, flexibility, and understanding are greatly appreciated. GREAT SCHOOLS = GREAT COMMUNITIES
An important reminder is: Parents and families need to be prepared to go Full Remote Learning at any time.
We have confidence this can be done – we are all in this together. Wear A Mask-Wash Your Hands-Watch Your Distance
IT’S A GREAT DAY TO BE A BULLET AND A BEE BEE!
Tip Reedy - WCUSD#15 Superintendent