WHS Class of 2020 Graduation Plans May 24, 2020
- WHS Class of 2020 Virtual Graduation Video - How to view the video (available starting Thursday, May 21)
- Go to www.whsbulletstv.com on any device
- Scroll down the page until you see the heading – Other Events
- Find Graduation – Williamsville High School and click on it
- This is completely free and does not require anyone who wishes to watch it to purchase a subscription
- Photo Opportunity - Sherman Amphitheatre: The WHS banner will be set up for graduate pictures May 23-24.
- The WHS banner will be available to graduates and families from 8:30am Saturday, May 23 through 7:00pm Sunday, May 24.
- Parents, families, and graduates will have the opportunity to stop by at their own convenience to take pictures in front of the WHS banner backdrop.
- All social distance and public health recommendations will apply.
- “Drive Around Town” WHS Class of 2020 Community Celebration – May 24
- Line up cars at the new Sherman Park located next to the Rail Golf Course at 7:00pm
- Lineup includes Police-Fire-BOE-Administration-Graduates & Families.
- One vehicle per graduate.
- Graduates cannot share vehicles.
- Graduates are encouraged to decorate their cars.
- No Candy can be thrown per public health department.
- WHS personnel will be passing out programs and collecting NHS collars and Latin Honors cords before the drive around.
- The “Drive Around” will begin at 7:30pm.
- WHS Class of 2020 “Drive Around” Route:
- North on Old Tipton Rd
- East on Andrew Rd
- South on Sherman Business 55
- East on Meredith Rd
- North on First St.
- East on South St drive in front of SES
- North on Zimmerman Rd
- East on County Rd to Williamsville
- Williamsville = Homecoming parade route
- East on Conrey St.
- North on Carter St.
- West on Main Street.
- South on Pine St. and back to WJHS & WHS parking lots.
- Williamsville & Sherman Community members who want to show support along the “Drive Around” routes should socially distance and abide by the public health recommendations.
- Fireworks (ETA 9:00pm) To view the fireworks:
- Socially distanced parking will be available in all the WJHS & WHS parking lots.
- People and observers in attendance will need to socially distance and abide by the public health recommendations in all parking lots at WJHS & WHS.
- People in attendance will not be allowed to gather in large groups.
- People in attendance will be required to stay with their vehicle.
- No school facilities or restrooms will be available.
- Community members and all people who would like to celebrate the WHS Class of 2020 will be recommended to:
- Socially Distance and abide by the public health recommendations along the “Drive Around” route.
- Socially Distance and abide by the public health recommendations when parking at WJHS & WHS.
- Socially Distance and abide by the public health recommendations when observing the fireworks celebration outside of WCUSD#15 property.
- Socially Distance and abide by the public health recommendations and stay by their vehicle during the graduation fireworks celebration.
Thank you to the donors for financing the WHS Class or 2020 fireworks celebration.
The plan and procedures were developed by a collaborative effort from the Sangamon County Department of Public Health, the Sangamon County Regional Office of Education #51, Sherman and Williamsville City Administration, and the Sherman and Williamsville Police Department.
On behalf of WCUSD#15 and the safety of everyone, please respect and support WCUSD#15, the WHS Class of 2020, and the plan to celebrate the WHS Class of 2020. We welcome the Villages of Sherman and Williamsville to show their support for the Class of 2020. We respectfully ask that you do not make your own rules.
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE CLASS OF 2020!!!